Questions answered in the article
- When will a Medipass transaction reach my bank account?
- Where does a payment go when I pay with Medipass?
1. When will a Medipass payment reach my bank account?
This will differ depending on the kind of transaction.
- For private health insurance transactions processed via Medipass, will be settled via the HICAPS and NAB settlement processes. Typically, claim payments should be received within 2 business days and out of pocket payments within 1 business day (may vary slightly depending on the bank you're with).
- For Medicare claims, if it is bulk billed your payment should be made within 1 - 2 business days. Or if the claim is a patient claimed invoice, you will receive the payment the next business day.
- For icare or Medipass Card Payments, funds will be distributed to you next day.
2. Where does a payment go when I raise a payment request with Medipass?
- For HICAPS, the payment will be paid into the account registered with HICAPS and used for your existing settlement.
- For Medicare claim payments, your payment will be paid to the nominated bank details that were sent to Medicare via the HW052 and HW027 forms.
- For icare or Medipass Card Payments, funds will be paid into the account you have nominated with Medipass.
If you have any other questions about fees or settlements, you can always contact us through the chat bubble in your Medipass portal or at email@example.com
For information about the status of a Garrison Health Services transaction, click here