Questions answered in the article
- What are the fees involved with Medipass?
- When will a Medipass transaction reach my bank account?
- Where does a payment go when I pay with Medipass?
- How do I view transaction made through Medipass?
- Can I view Medipass transaction through my PMS?
- Where can I view my private health insurance payments in my bank statement?
- Where can I view the daily transactions in Medipass?
1. What are the fees involved with Medipass?
Please visit our Medipass Pro and Billing help articles.
2. When will a Medipass payment reach my bank account?
This will differ depending on the kind of transaction.
- For private health insurance transactions processed via Medipass, will be settled via the HICAPS and NAB settlement processes. Typically, claim payments should be received within 2 business days and out of pocket payments within 1 business day (may vary slightly depending on the bank you're with).
- For Medicare claims, if it is bulk billed your payment should be made within 1 - 2 business days. Or if the claim is a patient claimed invoice, you will receive the payment the next business day.
3. Where does a payment go when I raise a payment request with Medipass?
- For HICAPS, the payment will be paid into the account registered with HICAPS and used for your existing settlement.
- For Medicare claim payments, your payment will be paid to the nominated bank details that were sent to Medicare via the HW052 and HW027 forms.
4. How do I view my Medipass transactions?
You can view all transactions made in the Medipass portal by clicking on the “Transactions” tab listed on the left navigation menu. If you would like to filter by the results funds (like HICAPS, Medicare, etc) or status of transaction, simply click the “Show filters” button on the top right hand corner.
5. Can I view my Medipass transactions through my practice management system?
Not currently. But you can view all transactions online and in real-time via Medipass portal.
6. Where do the private health insurance transactions made via Medipass appear in my bank statement?
The claim payments you process through Medipass will appear along with your HICAPS claims, any gap portion processed through Medipass will appear as a separate line on your bank statement.
7. Where can I view my daily transactions from Medipass?
You are able to view your daily transactions in the Medipass portal by selecting the dashboard tab. You can then filter the dashboard tab by day to view your daily transactions.
If you have any other questions about fees or settlements, you can always contact us through the chat bubble in your Medipass portal or at email@example.com
For information about the status of a Garrison Health Services transaction, click here