Medipass enables you to process Medicare claims online, all from your browser and without a terminal. 🎉
Here are some things that you will need to know to get started:
Medicare is a Pro feature.
How to activate Medicare
After setting up your Medipass account select the “Dashboard” tab on the left and click the Medicare claiming “Get started” button.
You can now follow these 4 quick steps.
Steps 1: Confirm your business and location details.
Medipass will pre-fill your business details and practice location. Click “Confirm & continue”
Step 2: Provider details.
Here you can see any providers you’ve added with Medicare “Associated organisations”.
You can add any missing staff here. Once finished, select “Confirm & continue”
Step 3: Application questions.
To help us prepare your Medicare Online claiming forms you’ll be asked two questions.
Once these are answered, you can select “Confirm & continue”
Step 4: Final steps!
To submit Medicare claims with Medipass, you’ll need to upgrade to Medipass Pro.
A Medipass Customer Support team member will be in touch within the next 3 business days with your pre-filled Medicare Online claiming forms.
After submitting these forms, you’re ready to send a Medicare claim.
Click here to learn how to send a claim.
How Medicare works.
Medipass enables you to send bulk billed and private patient claims to Medicare. This is ideal for providers who want to automatically claim with Medicare, without the need for a terminal or their patient's physical Medicare card.
With Medicare bulk bill, providers can claim for eligible services billed at Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS) rates and receive payments direct from Medicare.
With Medicare private patient claims, providers can charge for eligible services at or above the MBS rates and have benefits paid by Medicare to patients or claimants. Patients must pay for the service prior to claiming, but typically receive their benefit payment by the next business day and do not need to submit a claim to Medicare.
Important things to note before you begin.
Our Medicare integration is made available to providers who are registered with Medicare and hold an active Medicare issued provider number for each practice location.
If you are NOT registered with Medicare or do not have an active Medicare issued provider number, please first complete a Medicare registration:
- Medicare registration for allied healthcare professionals
- Medicare registration for medical practitioners
Our Medicare integration supports General Practitioners, Medical Specialists, Dentists and Allied Healthcare Professionals, and provides the ability to lodge claims for:
- General and referred services;
- Permitted telehealth scenarios;
- Dental scenarios (Child Dental Benefits Scheme) - please ensure you're familiar with DHS rules applicable to this scheme;
- Permitted remote, regional, residential aged care facility, in-home, after-hours and other out of consultation room scenarios;
- Hospital inpatient (admitted) scenarios;
- Simple pathology services by qualified providers; and
- Overrides and exceptions: duplicate service overrides, aftercare overrides, restrictive overrides and multiple attendance
Please note these important considerations:
- If you are already using Medicare Online to process Medicare and DVA claims via your practice management software, please talk to our team before signing up as you may not be able to use both Medipass and your existing system at the same time.
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) claims are not currently supported.
- The ability to use Medipass to accept payment for private patient claims is currently limited to providers who have enabled HICAPS Go. For other providers, you will be able to use Medipass for the claim, but will be required to use alternative options to collect payment from your patient. If you would like to use Medipass for the patient payment and do not already have HICAPS Go, you can apply here.
If you need any help at all, please let us know we would love to help! You can contact us via the chat bubble on the bottom right of any screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.