Medipass enables you to process Medicare claims online, all from your browser and without a terminal. Request access here.
Medicare is a Pro feature.
To celebrate the launch, we are offering access to our Medicare integration at no charge until 1st September 2019. Before that date, we will advise you of final pricing and there will be no obligation to continue using it after that time.
How Medicare works.
Medipass enables you to send bulk billed and private patient claims to Medicare. This is ideal for providers who want to automatically claim with Medicare, without the need for a terminal or their patient's physical Medicare card.
With Medicare bulk bill, providers can claim for eligible services billed at Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS) rates and receive payments direct from Medicare.
With Medicare private patient claims, providers can charge for eligible services at or above the MBS rates and have benefits paid by Medicare to patients or claimants. Patients must pay for the service prior to claiming, but typically receive their benefit payment by the next business day and do not need to submit a claim to Medicare.
Important things to note before you begin.
Our Medicare integration is made available to providers who are registered with Medicare and hold an active Medicare issued provider number for each practice location.
If you are NOT registered with Medicare or do not have an active Medicare issued provider number, please first complete a Medicare registration:
- Medicare registration for allied healthcare professionals
- Medicare registration for medical practitioners
Our Medicare integration supports General Practitioners, Medical Specialists, Dentists and Allied Healthcare Professionals, and provides the ability to lodge claims for:
- General and referred services;
- Permitted telehealth scenarios;
- Dental scenarios (Child Dental Benefits Scheme) - please ensure you're familiar with DHS rules applicable to this scheme;
- Permitted remote, regional, residential aged care facility, in-home, after-hours and other out of consultation room scenarios;
- Hospital inpatient (admitted) scenarios;
- Simple pathology services by qualified providers; and
- Overrides and exceptions: duplicate service overrides, aftercare overrides, restrictive overrides and multiple attendance
Please note these important considerations:
- If you are already using Medicare Online to process Medicare and DVA claims via your practice management software, please talk to our team before signing up as you may not be able to use both Medipass and your existing system at the same time.
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) claims are not currently supported.
- The ability to use Medipass to accept payment for private patient claims is currently limited to providers who have enabled HICAPS Go. For other providers, you will be able to use Medipass for the claim, but will be required to use alternative options to collect payment from your patient. If you would like to use Medipass for the patient payment and do not already have HICAPS Go, please follow these instructions.
How to activate Medicare
Step 1: Request access by filling in this form here.
- We will be in touch with further details within 3 business days.
Step 2: Ensure you have signed up to Medipass. Please make sure you have:
- Created a Medipass account (you can create one here);
- Claimed your business;
- Added your practice locations (instructions here); and
- Added healthcare providers that you would like to use Medicare.
Step 3: Complete an identity check
- You will be contacted by Medipass to complete an identity check. This is to ensure that payments are being made to the correct provider.
- If you have any questions about this process, please speak with your support consultant at the time.
You’re ready to raise a claim!
Once the above steps have been completed, you’re ready to send a Medicare claim. In order to do this, navigate to medipass.com.au and sign in with your Medipass Provider Account.
- Select ‘Create Payment Request’
- Select the ‘Medicare’ payment option.
- Complete the form and hit Submit
Please let us know if you have any questions.