What is Medipass Health Insurance Claiming, via HICAPS?
Medipass Health Insurance Claiming (MHIC) via HICAPS, enables allied healthcare providers to use Medipass to raise digital private health insurance and overseas health insurance claims, without a physical EFTPOS Terminal.
Instead of swiping their private health insurance card on a HICAPS terminal, a request is sent to your patient’s mobile phone via SMS for their approval.
MHIC works particularly well for:
- Raising payment requests on the go, like for valid home consultations.
- Users who use an integrated PMS, such as Cliniko, Nookal or Pracsuite, who are able to raise HICAPS claims without a terminal.
Pricing and fees
HICAPS do not charge fees to process claims for HICAPS, and neither does Medipass. That means you can process private health insurance claims at no cost.
Make sure MHIC via HICAPS is right for you
Here are some things to know about Medipass Health Insurance Claiming, to make sure the solution is right for you:
- While MHIC supports Bupa, Medibank and NIB, not all other private health insurers are supported. You can view a list of supported funds here. Check back regularly, as this list is updated often.
- MHIC does not yet support telehealth claiming. We expect to have this functionality live shortly. In the meantime, to take out of pocket payments for telehealth consultations, Medipass Card Payments is a great option.
- While your patient does not need their private health insurance membership card, they do need to know their card details so that they can be entered into Medipass.
How to sign up to Medipass Health Insurance Claiming
To sign up to MHIC, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to get your business enabled.
Learn more about MHIC via HICAPS
- You can see what SMS Payment Requests to you patients look like here, and print out a guide to share with patients: https://help.medipass.com.au/en/articles/3856914-printable-claiming-guide-for-your-patients
- Settlements for HICAPS claims go into your bank account are made in the same way as HICAPS settles for your traditional HICAPS terminal. You can read more about this here: https://help.medipass.com.au/en/articles/2232182-all-about-reporting
If you have any questions, or would like to chat about anything in this article, please don't hesitate to contact us via the pink chat bubble or on email@example.com.