So you have just booked in your identification (ID) check to get your Medicare integration up and running. Naturally, you have a lot of questions regarding what it's for, who you're going to talk to, if your information is safe, etc.
This article aims to clarify a lot of the common questions.
What is the ID check for?
- Medipass is processing your patient information, practice information and claim/payment information on behalf of you for Medicare rebates. We must verify for all parties involved that the party initiating the claim are who they say they are to combat any fraudulent claims and behaviour.
Why are you calling me to do the ID check?
- We are currently developing a solution to perform this ID check via the Medipass portal. However, this solution is not ready for general use yet. Therefore, we are manually performing ID checks via calls for now.
How do I know it’s really Medipass calling me?
- Medipass's Customer Success team will be performing these checks. It will either be Kassy, Jessica, Sophie, Jordan, Michelle or Lawrence that you will be speaking to.
- If you would like an on-the-spot confirmation of the Medipass team, let us know while you're on the call.
Is my information safe?
- Yes, the details that you are disclosing over the phone are not stored on any database. Therefore, we won’t be able to recall the information. We are directly inputting your information into Equifax to perform a on-the-spot assessment. See below to learn more about Equifax
What is Equifax
- Equifax is the credit reporting body that Medipass will use to validate your identity.
What is a Credit Reporting body (CRB)?
- An agency that collects, stores, uses and discloses personal and credit related information about individuals. The CRB collects this information from credit providers and publicly available sources.
- For Medipass's purposes, we are using the information stored by the CRB to verify someone's identity.
If you have a question that you don't see listed below, feel free to reach out to us via chat using the pink chat button on the bottom right of this page!