We have included new clauses in the User Terms that address the following:
- For some Insurers, we may intermediate payments on behalf of the Insurer. We have included the terms upon which we will make payment to Practitioners if we intermediate payments.
- The Practitioner is responsible for the information provided in relation to the payment method nominated by the Practitioner.
- We’ve added an indemnity for the situations where the Practitioner breaches the User Terms, there is any willful misconduct by the Practitioner, there's a misrepresentation by the Practitioner, or any unlawful or negligent acts or omissions by the Practitioner.
- Explained the personal information required to complete identity verification, including that we may collect driver licence numbers, government related identifiers, as well as any information contained in identity verification documents you provide to us.
- Explained that we may need to share personal information with third parties which may include with the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department to access its Document Verification Service to verify that any identity verification documents provided to us match official records.
- Outlined that if we undertake checks to verify your identity, we may disclose your name, address, date of birth and your personal information collected by us to an Identification Bureau, who will assess whether the information you provide matches the information held by the Identification Bureau and/or in the third-party databases (such as Medicare, Drivers’ License authorities or Births, Deaths and Marriages).
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat.