1. What Medipass charges for
Medipass pricing is based on the features you use.
Medipass does not charge a fee for access to the following features:
- icare NSW Integration
- Private Health Insurance and Overseas Health Cover claiming and quoting (provided via HICAPS)
- NDIS Plan Managed invoices (solution is in beta)
Medipass does charge fees for the following (per below):
- Medipass Card Payments
- Medicare, Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) and Workcover Queensland claiming
Please note that pricing varies for transactions that are raised via the following integrated software vendor systems:
- Cliniko: please click here to view Fees for Cliniko users
2. Medipass Card Payments
Medipass Card Payments (MCP) enables you to accept Visa and Mastercard debit and credit card payments directly from your patients, as well as advanced features like Payment Holds and Instalments. The following standard Fees are incurred when using the service:
- Merchant Service Fee (MSF): 1.7% of the transaction amount. This is an all inclusive fee, including both GST and Interchange.
- Transaction Fee: $0.30 fee per transaction. This fee applies to all MCP transactions, pre-authorisations, holds and refunds, and applies to all transaction status, including approved, declined, rejected or cancelled.
- Chargeback: $30.00 per chargeback or dispute that is resolved in the Individual / patient's favour.
Further information on Refunds
A Transaction Fee applies to a Refund when processed. This is charged in addition to the Transaction Fee which is charged when a payment is initially processed.
Further information on Payment Holds
A Transaction Fee applies to Payment Holds when they are processed. If the hold is converted to a charge, the relevant Merchant Service Fee and Transaction Fee applies. If the hold is released, no additional fees apply.
Examples, based off the standard Medipass pricing:
- Hold is created, then auto expires after 7 days: Total charge = $0.30
- Hold is created, then canceled: Total charge = $0.30
- Hold is created, then payment is taken for hold amount: Total charge = $0.30 for hold, then 1.7% + $0.30 for payment
- Hold is created, then a separate payment is taken for an amount higher than hold amount: Total charge = $0.30 for hold, then 1.7% + $0.30 for transaction
Further information on Instalments
Each payment in an instalment plan will be charged at standard Medipass Card Payment fees, applied per transaction.
3. Medicare, Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) and WorkCover Queensland claiming
Medicare, DVA and WorkCover Queensland claims are charged at $0.22 per claim (inc GST) for your first 200 claims in a calendar month. Once you’ve processed more than 200 claims in a month, the price automatically adjusts to $0.12 per claim for the rest of that month. At the end of the month, and the beginning of the new billing cycle, the price per claim resets to $0.22 per approved claim.
Medicare and DVA fees apply for claims which are approved by Medicare or DVA. WorkCover Queensland fees apply for claims which are successfully submitted to WorkCover Queensland.
- If you’re processing 250 Medicare, DVA and WorkCover Queensland claims per month, the cost for those claims will be $50 (inc GST) for that month. That is, $44 (for 200 claims at 22 cents) plus $6 (for 50 claims at 12 cents).
4. How our fees are charged
Fees are charged for transactions that occurred in the month prior (ie, charged in arrears) on the first working day of the following calendar month.
During sign up for a paid feature, you will be asked to add a credit card which will be used for billing purposes. We currently accept Visa and Mastercard. When your payment method is successfully charged, you will receive a Tax Invoice by email as your receipt.
5. Things to note
- You can manage your billing details any time by going to Business Settings > Billing. Please note that only Business Administrators can update billing details for a business.
- Medipass does not charge additional fees for you to integrate a HICAPS Go Card Payment facility in order to process credit card payments, but there are fees you may need to pay HICAPS. Learn more here.
- If you cancel your Medipass account, there are no refunds on fees already incurred.
- All prices displayed are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST.
If you have any questions about our pricing, please feel free to contact our friendly support team. Just send us a message through the pink chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of your screen.