1. What do I pay for?
Medipass pricing is based on the features you use.
Medipass does not charge a fee for access to the following features:
- HICAPS Go Integration (for Private Health Insurance and Overseas Health Cover claiming and quoting)
- icare NSW Integration
- NDIS Plan Managed invoices (solution is in beta)
Medipass does charge fees for the following (per below):
- Medipass Card Payments
- Medicare and Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) claiming
2. Medipass Card Payments
Medipass Card Payments (MCP) enables you to accept credit/debit card payments directly from your patients. The following standard fees are incurred when using the service:
- Visa and Mastercard Merchant Service Fee: 1.8% of the transaction amount. This is an all inclusive fee, including both GST and Interchange.
- Transaction Fee: $0.30 fee per transaction. This fee applies to all MCP transactions, pre-authorisations and refunds, irrespective of whether they are approved, declined, rejected, received or any other transaction status (including timeouts/no responses).
- Chargeback: $30.00 AUD per chargeback or dispute that is resolved in the Individual / Patients favour.
3. Medicare and DVA claiming
Medicare and DVA claims are charged at $0.22 per claim (inc GST) for your first 200 approved claims submitted in a calendar month. Once you’ve processed more than 200 Medicare or DVA claims in a month, the price automatically adjusts to $0.12 per approved claim for the rest of that month. At the end of the month, and the beginning of the new billing cycle, the price per claim resets to $0.22 per approved claim.
If you’re processing 250 Medicare claims per month, the cost for those claims will be $50 (inc GST) for that month.
$44 (200 claims at $0.22) plus $6 (50 claims at $0.12).
4. How our pricing is calculated and charged
Fees are charged for transactions that occurred in the month prior (ie, charged in arrears) on the first working day of the following calendar month.
During sign up for a paid feature, you will be asked to add a credit Card which will be used for billing purposes. When your payment method is successfully charged, you will receive a Tax Invoice by email as your receipt.
5. Things to note
- When you sign up for a paid Medipass feature, you will be asked to add a credit card which will be used for billing purposes. We currently only accept Visa and Mastercard card details.
- You can manage your billing details any time by going to Business Settings > Billing. Please note that only Business Administrators can update billing details for a business.
- Medipass does not charge additional fees for you to integrate a HICAPS Go Card Payment facility in order to process credit card payments, but there are fees you may need to pay HICAPS. Learn more here.
- If you cancel your Medipass account, there are no refunds on Account Transaction Fees already incurred.
- All prices displayed are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST.
If you have any questions about our pricing, please feel free to contact our friendly support team any time. Just send us a message through the pink chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of your screen.