- This is the process to follow to get signed up to Medipass Health Insurance Claiming (MHIC), via HICAPS.
- In order to raised claims via MHIC, you are required to sign up to HICAPS, and we will support you through this process.
- The HICAPS service is subject to the HICAPS Provider Agreement Terms and Conditions, which can be viewed here.
- You may also choose to separately set up a payment facility with Medipass to collect any out of pocket costs from your patients.
Head to the "Get Paid" page in Medipass which can be found in the left side panel and click the "Get Started" button under "Private Health Insurance and Overseas Health Cover". This will get you started with our setup wizard, which will get you enabled for private health insurance claiming.
You will be first prompted to enter your business ABN and practice location details.
You’ll then need to enter your provider numbers of any service providers you want included in the HICAPS application that you will be required to complete and send to HICAPS.
Please note that the provider number must be a Medicare or Medibank provider number. A Medicare Australia provider number is required for:
- General Dentist (112)
- Periodontist (143)
- Paediatric Dentist (141)
- Prosthodontist (139)
- Endodontist (140)
- Oral/ Maxillofacial Surgeon (073)
- Dental Prosthetist (156)
- Advanced Dental Technician( 200)
- Physiotherapist (137)
- Podiatrist (138)
- Chiropractor (135)
- Osteopath (136)
- Dispensing Optometrist (101)
- Psychologist (426)
- Occupational Therapist (425)
- Dietitian (423)
- Speech Pathologist (427)
- Exercise Physiologist (429)
- Clinical Psychologist (640)
- Nurse Practitioner (651)
A Medibank Provider number is required for:
- Optical Dispenser (250)
- Acupuncturist (201)
- Remedial Massage Therapist (204)
- Myotherapist (205)
Sending the form to HICAPS
Once these details are added, you can click “confirm and continue” which will take you to the next step. You can now see the practitioners pre-filled HICAPS forms ready to be downloaded. Once you have downloaded the pre-filled forms, click “Close” to complete the setup.
From here, please:
- Review forms
- Complete missing information
- Sign the form
- Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
It can take 5 to 9 business days for HICAPS to process this form, after you have emailed it to them. HICAPS will send you an email once you are enabled.
You can contact HICAPS on 1800 80 57 80 if you have any questions with your application.
Click here for instructions on how to create a private health insurance claim.
Click here for a printable claiming guide for your patients.