Please note: Our icare integration is currently in beta and not available to all users. If you are interested in joining this early release, please contact us.
Medipass enables you to submit digital invoices and related attachments to icare.
There are a number of advantages to digital invoicing. Our inbuilt checks ensure any required information is included and valid, so there's no need to worry about forgetting any crucial details. Plus, it's quick and easy, and you can track the status of submitted invoices from within the Medipass portal.
First of all, if you haven't yet signed up for your free Medipass Provider account, you can do so here.
Before beginning an invoice, make sure your practice and staff details are up to date, especially a valid ABN, email address, phone number and bank details.
Submitting an invoice
1. Log in to Medipass at connect.medipass.io and click the pink "Payment Request" button on the left hand side.
2. Click on the "icare" tile to begin the invoice. You will first be prompted for information about the scheme your patient qualifies for, your practice location and the provider who performed the service.
Note: if you only have one location, or only one provider is registered for icare payments in Medipass, we will automatically fill in these fields for you.
3. Next, enter a unique invoice reference, such as an invoice number from your practice management software, or accounting system.
Note: The "Settlement bank account" will be the bank details displayed on your icare invoice, and the bank account icare use to pay the invoice. If you haven't yet added a settlement bank account, you can follow these steps.
4. The next section will ask you for the details of the injured worker. Enter their first and last name, claim number and approval number.
5. You will then be asked for the payment code details of the service.
If needed, you can add multiple item codes by clicking "Add another item".
6. Finally, you can optionally add any service notes and upload any required documents. These documents may include:
- Certificate of capacity/fitness
- Allied health recovery request (AHRR)
- Operation report
- Clinical justification
Or any other documents that may be required.
7. When all the required information has been completed, click "Create payment request". You will be taken to a summary screen, which contains all the information of your invoice and its current status. You can return to this screen any time to check the progress of an invoice. For detailed instructions on invoice status, click here.
Hopefully that helps! If you need any other help, our support team is available 8am to 6pm AEST Monday to Friday. You can contact us via the chat bubble on the bottom right of every page.