About our Medicare integration
Medipass enables you to send bulk billed and private patient claims to Medicare. This is ideal for providers who want to automatically claim with Medicare, without the need for a terminal or their patient's physical Medicare card.
- With Medicare bulk bill, providers can claim for eligible services billed at Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS) rates and receive payments direct from Medicare.
- With Medicare private patient claims, providers can charge for eligible services at or above the MBS rates and have benefits paid by Medicare to patients or claimants. Patients must pay for the service prior to claiming, but typically receive their benefit payment by the next business day and do not need to submit a claim to Medicare.
Our Medicare integration is made available to providers who are registered with Medicare and hold an active Medicare issued provider number for each practice location.
Our Medicare integration supports General Practitioners, Medical Specialists, Dentists and Allied Healthcare Professionals, and provides the ability to lodge claims for:
- General and referred services;
- Permitted telehealth scenarios;
- Dental scenarios (Child Dental Benefits Scheme) - please ensure you're familiar with DHS rules applicable to this scheme;
- Permitted remote, regional, residential aged care facility, in-home, after-hours and other out of consultation room scenarios;
- Hospital inpatient (admitted) scenarios;
- Simple pathology services by qualified providers; and
- Overrides and exceptions: duplicate service overrides, aftercare overrides, restrictive overrides and multiple attendance
About our DVA integration
Medipass enables you to raise raise claims with the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) for straight through approval and fast payment.
Our DVA integration is offered via Medicare, so if you enable a provider for Medicare, we automatically enable you for DVA claims also. The following are the exceptions which require a special call to DVA:
- Social Workers (generalist)
- Optical dispensers
- Lymphoedema providers
Some important considerations
- If you are already using Medicare Online to process Medicare and DVA claims via your practice management software, please talk to our team before signing up as you may not be able to use both Medipass and your existing system at the same time.
- There are currently two options available via Medipass to accept payment for private patient claims, Medipass Card Payments and HICAPS Go. If you would like to use Medipass for patient payment and would like to understand the different options in more detail, you can learn more here.
If you need any help, contact us via the chat bubble on the bottom right of the screen or email us at email@example.com.