For whatever reason, if a Medipass Card Payment needs to be refunded, this guide will step you through the process.
The two types of refund scenarios are:
- Same day refund (voiding the payment) - if refund is requested on the same day that the payment is made
- Regular refund - if refund is requested one business day after payment has been made
Same day refund (voiding the payment)
- Login to your Medipass portal (via connect.medipass.io)
- Click "Invoices" located on your left-hand navigation menu
- Select the invoice that needs to be refunded
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Cancel invoice"
This will result in the payment being removed and voided from the patient's bank statement. Therefore, no payment will be taken.
To refund an invoice after one business day you can select the invoice and click "Refund"
You can enter the amount needing to be refunded, add a reason if needed and select "Issue refund"
At the bottom of the invoice you'll be able to see the payment that's refunded.
To send a receipt of this refund to your patient you can select "Send receipt" and enter the patient's email address.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in contact with us via the chat bubble located on the bottom right of any Medipass page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.